Sunday, February 22, 2015

App Smashing

This app smash assignment was fun to create. I could visualize how I wanted to app smash and with the multitude of apps I have been using since starting this course, I could create something that made sense for my ninth grade English class. I learned that it takes time to play with the apps and make sure that you can trouble shoot any questions students may have in the process. I don’t think one needs to be an expert on each app, but you do need to have some basic understanding. My students feel comfortable looking things up on You Tube and asking one another, but some often want to take the easy way out, so will avoid things that don’t come easy. 
The apps provided could be easily incorporated for the most part. There was a couple that I would need to play around with more, but overall, they are easy to use. 

Sharing the projects may be a challenge. I will probably have students share to You Tube, but I know last year when I did use Explain Everything, one of the frustrations I had was students sharing with me. If I have them share to YouTube, they should be able to provide the link with me on E-backpack. If not, air drop is also an option. Some teachers, shy away from projects like this because sharing can be a challenge, especially if that teacher has 90 students. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how challenging it is to have 90 students. I can understand why people look for tools that are simple to use, especially under those circumstances. I have access to e-backpack, but haven't used it since I have a class wikispace. How do you like e-backpack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like e-backpack. It is easy to use and helps organize the freshman. It would be even more helpful if all staff used it but that is not the case.

      Delete