Thursday, February 5, 2015

Week 2

Our district has been very supportive with training on technology in the classroom. When students had mac books, my students used wikis and blogs quite a bit. Both lent themselves to collaboration. In addition, students used iMovie for digital stories. Last year, students received iPads and I feel like mostly I have used it for things like word processing. I have had students use apps such as Storehouse, Notability, Explain Everything and iMovie, but am looking forward to adding many more app selections to the units that I teach. I also want students to do more publishing and collaborating with one another in the classroom using iPads.

4 comments:

  1. Other than iMovie I haven't used any multimedia apps on the iPad. My students are using Notability and Explain Everything with their other classes as well. I have viewed but never used either. I'm curious as to what you think of their capabilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I am having students use StoryPress and will see how it goes. I have used the same three apps as well. Storehouse and Book Creator are the other two apps that students have taken to and can be used and shared easily.

      Delete
  2. What do you think of Storypress? Especially as compared to Storehouse....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest having students use Storypress for assignments that have parts to them so they could utilize the chapters, and have them use Storehouse more for a photo-essay style assignment.

    ReplyDelete